Thursday, November 11, 2010
Architects Design The Best Zombie Safe-House
If you are like me and are up nights worrying about the impending zombie-apocalypse-collapse-of-civilization, you can sleep easy knowing that the world's best architects are designing a place for the remaining humans to wait it out.
The 2010 Zombie Apocalypse Safe House Competition, sponsored by Architects Southwest, provided entrants with several issues to address in their design:
Program Issues to Address:
1. How many people can you fit in your safe house?
2. How are you handling power, potable water, and waste?
3. How are you handling access to your safe house?
4. How many days do you plan to stay in your safe house, and how much food and water are you providing?
5. How will you escape in the event of a zombie intrusion?
6. How will you keep zombies out of your safe house?
The budget was unlimited.
On the site are four contestant designs to vote for, and there's even talk of a possible 2011 competition. They better hurry if they want to get these houses up by 2012!